Primary Menu

We Are Now 'MWPS World'
Visit our Newer - Bigger & Better Marketplaces
www.mwps.world & www.mwps.global

Buy Quality Used Wind Turbines - Sell Your Assets - Industry News - Encyclopedia & Wind Science

mwps global banner screenshot

The 10 major Wind Power Companies in the World

This article provides you with a detailed list and overview of the 10 largest wind power companies in the world.  The first list is the top ten listing sorted by annual market share in 2011 reported by Cleantech Investor and followed by the top ten listing sorted by the companies’ total amount of megawatts output throughout the year 2011.  MyWindPowerSystem.com is currently awaiting updated figures for the fiscal year 2012 and will post and update this article the moment the data has been received and verified.

The top 10 major wind power companies in the world:

Sorted by Market Share in 2011

1. Vestas 12.7%
2. Sinovel 9%

3. Goldwind 8.7%

4.  Gamesa 8%

5.  Enercon 7.8%

6.  GE Wind Energy 7.7%
7.  Suzlon Group 7.6% (inc Suzlon Energy (IND) and RePower (GE)

8.  Guodian United Power 7.4%
9.  Siemens Wind Power 5.9%
10.  Ming Yang 3.6%

Sorted by megawatts installed worldwide

1. Vestas (Denmark) 5,217 MW

2. Sinovel (China – PRC) 3700 MW

3. Goldwind (China – PRC) 3584 MW

4. Gamesa (Spain) 3,308 MW

5. Enercon (Germany) 3,203 MW
6. GE Energy (United States) 3,170 MW
7. Suzlon (India) 3,116 MW

8. Guodian United Power (China) 3,042 MW
9. Siemens (Denmark / Germany) 2,591 MW
10.Ming Yang (China)  1,500MW

vestas1

Vestas, or Vestas Wind Systems, is the leading and the largest wind turbine manufacturer in the world. Vestas has a total market share of 28%. The company operates plants in Denmark, Germany, India, Italy, Britain, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Australia, China, and Windsor, Colorado and employs more than 20,000 people globally.

ge-energy1

The General Electric Company, or GE is a multinational American technology and services conglomerate incorporated in the State of New York. In terms of market capitalization as of September 2008, The General Electric Company is the world’s tenth largest company.

gamesa1

Gamesa Corporación Tecnológica is a manufacturing company mainly concerned with the fabrication of wind turbines and the construction of wind farms. Its headquarters are in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain. It develops, manages and sells wind farms, for which it also supplies the turbines. It is the market leader in Spain and is the second largest company in the sector worldwide with a market share of 15.5 % in 2008.

Enercon GmbH is based in Aurich, Northern Germany and is the fourth-largest wind turbine manufacturer in the world and has been the market leader in Germany for several years.

One of Enercon’s key innovations is the gearless (direct drive) wind turbinein combination with an annular generator.
suzlon

Suzlon Energy is a wind power company from India. In terms of market share, the company is the largest wind turbine manufacturer in Asia (and the fifth largest worldwide. In terms of net worth, it is the world’s most valuable wind power company. With headquarters in Pune, it has several manufacturing sites in India including Pondicherry, Daman, Bhuj and Gandhidham as well as in mainland China, Germany and Belgium.

siemens-ag

Siemens AG is Europe’s largest engineering conglomerate. Siemens international headquarters are located in Berlin and Munich, Germany. The company is a conglomerate of three main business sectors: Industry, Energy and Healthcare with a total of 15 Divisions.

Worldwide, Siemens and its subsidiaries employ approximately 480,000 people in nearly 190 countries and reported global revenue of $110.82 billion as of 2008.

acciona

Acciona SA is a Spanish conglomerate group dedicated to civil engineering, construction and infrastructures. The company was founded in 1997 through the merger of Entrecanales y Tavora and Cubiertas y MZOV. The company’s headquarters is in Alcobendas, Community of Madrid, Spain. The company’s U.S. operations are headquartered in Chicago.

Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology Company is a Chinese wind turbine manufacturer based in Urumqi, Xinjiang. The company is the largest turbine manufacturer in China and one of the ten largest in the world. Goldwind acquired a 70% stake in Vensys Energy AG for €41.24 million on February 1, 2008.

nordex

Nordex was founded in 1985 in Give, Denmark and in 2000 they moved their headquarters to Germany and became Nordex A.G. and launched their IPO in 2001. Today, their primary production facilities are in Rostock, Germany and also have manufacturing joint ventures in China. The company has a total global work force of over 1500 people. In 2006, Nordex was ranked in 7th place for worldwide wind turbine sales, holding a 3.2% global share of the global wind turbine market.

sinovel

Sinovel Wind Co., Ltd is a high-tech company engaged in developing, engineering, manufacturing and marketing of the wind turbine generator system. Sinovel Wind is the first company which introduced the technology of 1.5MW wind turbine generator system into China.

Related Articles:

If you’re in the market for a wind turbine please contact us. Industrial and Residential Wind Turbines of all types and sizes available.

Complete systems are sold and shipped directly from our manufacturers worldwide.

To see our range of products, click the above banner or click here.

Installation teams for large systems are available by one of our skilled and specialized affiliates for installation in any part of the world. Project managers assigned by us can train local teams to install, operate and maintain your turbines or your entire wind farm. Full O&M services available also all under the guidance of our project managers.

Post Your Comment or Read Great Comments Below

45 Responses to The 10 Major Wind Power Companies in the World – Wind Turbine Manufacturers and Companies

1. nandakumar March 14, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

Hi,
    I have few question please do help me out….I have completed BE_EEE(electrical and electronics engineering) and presently i have been doing diploma certification course on windmill operation and maintenance in India..I want to know there are vacancies in your company.I ready to relocate to any part of the world and i have a valid passport with me….waiting for a good reply

2. om sai engineers March 9, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

sirs,
    we are intrested wind mills components fabrication.

3. saket shandilya January 23, 2012 at 9:10 am #

sir,
    i am student of final year mechanical engineering 8th semester…. getting graduated in may 2012… sir i have completed my industrial training in power plant and now i am interested to provide my sevices to power sector.. kindly inform me about the openings and other info…..

saket shandilya
    bhopal (MP) india
    mob: +919893227900

4. yogesh vyas January 18, 2012 at 11:46 am #

sir iam dealing in land for solar power projects in phalodi dist jodhpur and i have lots of proposal of land if any reqirments for land send mail in mail id yogesh@igfinserv.com contact no. 09820059222

5. yogesh vyas January 18, 2012 at 11:40 am #

6. Marat January 4, 2012 at 1:25 pm #

Dear Sirs energy!
    I am an engineer from the former Soviet republics, my name is Marat, and I have been the invention of alternative sources of energy for many years. At the present time in Russia, my partner in charge of construction and installation of wind patenting, drawings, and the principle of which I invented several years ago. My setup is a hundred times more powerful propeller machines and several times cheaper and easier. Pay off my car for a few months of the first year of operation.
    If you are interested to get the right to produce these machines, please contact me without delay.
    Babamuratov Marat Akhmedovich.

7. sivam rajendran January 2, 2012 at 10:53 am #

Joint ventures/ investors/ purchase of land in india land available

DEAR SIR,
    WE HAVE VAST LAND IN INDIA TAMIL NADU FROM 100 ACRES TO 1000ACRES FOR MULTI NATIONAL COMPANY OR FOR JOINT VENTURES PARTIES IN INDIA FOR WIND POWER PROJECT OR FOR SOLAR ENERGY POWER PROJECT FOR OUT RIGHT SALE.
    THOSE WHO REQUIRE PLS CONTACT. WE ALSO ASSIST IN SETTING UP THE PLANT AND HELP IN OTHER LOCAL FORMALITIES.
    S. RAJENDRAN
    SKYPE SIVAMRAJENDRAN

8. rahul jadhav December 11, 2011 at 11:03 am #

we are genius electronics we interested in started some little businesses relationship with you

9. khadim December 8, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Aslam-o-Elikum,
    It is stated that I am researching on the Energy for the last 28 years. I have acquitted of the new and old methods to get the energy and so many experienced for the less price energy. Out of them experience I have obtained the success. Now I am in a position to create the such Units who can work without Oil, Petrol, Gas and all kind of flammable articles. There is no need for running them of Rivers and Canal Waters. Besides this, Those units can function without the light of Sun, all kind of batteries, current and solar cell and can provide the energy. Beside this, I have made the experience Magnate and Attraction of earth. I have that I will get the success in these experience. But on account of dearness and become upset on account of jobless. I could not complete the under process units so far. It is all known that if any person or any kind of institute wants to offer his cooperation with me then Inshallah I can get the success on the deficiency of Energy.
    Feel Free to Contact with me. Regards,
    Khadim Hussain Dhuddi

10. Firoj Sutar December 7, 2011 at 9:24 am #

Dear Sir,Madam,

Greetings for the day!!!!

I intrested to work in wind power plant if there is any vacancies then give information through mail.

Regards,
    Firoj Sutar

11. Firoj Sutar December 7, 2011 at 9:21 am #

I like to design windmills

12. R.Bharathi Dasan November 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Dear Sir,

I take this oppurtunity to invite all Wind Turbine manufacutrers & Service organizations related to the Wind Turbine maintenance, to Worlds 3rd Largest Construction Equipments Exhibition known as EXCON at Bangalore International Exhibition Centre, Bangalore India, from 23rd Nov to 27th Nov 2011.

I represent M/s.Hyva India Pvt Ltd a Holland based MNC, into Producing front end Tipping Cylinders , Tipper Bodies , Truck Mounted Cranes and etc,

We are exhibiting a Elevator Working platform Crane to a reach of 36 mtrs, especially for your Inductry for your Erecting and Maintenance work.I request one all to visit this Exhibition where in 600 exhibitors … 400 from India and 200 + from 8 Overseas countriesare participating in it.

I wellcome all to this grand exhibition.

With Regards

R.Bharathi Dasan
    +919600074781

13. mohammed ali yusufu October 28, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

I am a Consultant with the Department of Power & Steel. I represent a
    group that is interested in engaging your service as Manager of a large
    volume of fund be presciently $50million to 100qmillion for investment
    purpose.

If this proposal is acceptable to you, please get back to me, so that we
    can work out remuneration for your participation in the transaction and
    let you know on how we hope to achieve this objective.

Please send your telephone to enable me call you soonest for more
    information on this matter.

Yours faithfully,
    Jamal Saheed

14. Viresh October 14, 2011 at 7:23 am #

I am interested to know about name of various manufactuerers of “Power Factor correction Panel-Reactor Based”

15. Yashdev sharma October 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

Sir
    Im yashdev sharma i have done
    Diploma in mechanical engg. Presently working with Suzlon infrastructure services ltd
    I’m very truly intrested work in wind mill power generation company.

contect no 9610882738

16. amol September 30, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

we are looking for investor to support our Construction of TURBINES POWER PROJECT, urgent reply needed

17. amol September 30, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

if their any vacancy in your plant please inform i am very interested to work with wind mill projects .

18. Rishikesh vishwakarma September 23, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

Sir
    im Rishikesh vishwakarma i have done
    Diploma in mechanical engg. + B.E. in mechanical engg.
    I’m very truly intrested work in wind mill power generation company.

My email id
    ric.mech5p@gmail.com
    contact no.
    +919685709199

19. Vaibhav Patil August 28, 2011 at 11:53 am #

Dear Sir,Madam,

Greetings for the day!!!!

Sir, I had gone through 6 Years, 3 months Wind Power Plant industrial Panel Manufacaturing in M/s Suzlon Energy Ltd . in Prod.Dept. as Team Leader.

Regards,
    Vaibhav Patil
    +91.9727310695

20. Ashien August 10, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

21. Atul July 12, 2011 at 10:36 am #

If their any vacancy in your plant please inform i am very interested to work with wind mill projects

22. A.AROKIA SELVAM July 10, 2011 at 10:11 am #

i intrested to work in wind power plant if there is any vacancies then give information through mail

23. sharath July 2, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

24. Ted Bregar June 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm #

Can you tell me the top 10 global manufacturers of mid-size wind turbines in the 100-1000 kW range, their market share %, and market share size in kW.

Best,
    Ted

25. channa February 21, 2011 at 7:08 am #

hay i ma Channa Working in GE Wind Energy(India) if any vacancy is ther in USA & UK please Inform me

26. Marc Alvarez February 15, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

We have designed a cast in place concrete tower and would like to design build multiple towers for any interested turbine manufacturers. Please contact me with any interests. My design build turn-key construction team is ready to serve you.

Regards,

Marc Alvarez
    COAL Commercial Construction, Inc.
    malvarez@coalconstruction.net
    Office 281 232 9148
    Fax 281 232 9538
    Mobile281 975 8655

27. dinesh February 5, 2011 at 7:26 am #

hello sir
    i have 500acre title clear land in ( india) maharashtra location kolhapur. site details as follows
    site A+ for wind power project , we also have co ordinate of 500 location wear we can produce 350 mw energy .
    any bdy is intreasted pls call me on 07738750002
    or mail me on bilaskardinesh@gmail.com
    warm regards

dinesh bilaskar

28. Pradeep Jain August 6, 2010 at 5:10 am #

Dear Sir,

I have my unit in Pune. We are providing the Engineering solution to our customer. Right now i have discussed with some major wind mill manufacturing suppliers, we orders are big order are under discussion. We require the min. 4000 Sq. meter area to implement that order. I have to installed the additional fabrication & machining capacity, galvanizing plant paint shop etc for executing that order . if any body interested to support us financially, then we can dilute our equity & add that company as partner. Total investment require is 12 Mn $ & the payback is app. 3 years.

29. Peggy Helmey January 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm #

We inherited a 320 acre farm in Red Willow County, Danbury, Nebraska.
    I am interested in using this farmland for a Wind Farm. How do I go about getting this information to the right people?
    Thanks,
    Peggy Helmey

30. ben November 17, 2009 at 10:55 am #

Please may you send me a brochure of your wind turbines because I would like to use them for my research of wind powered generators. I am currently trying to build one for my GCSE in design technology.

31. Anwar Ali October 17, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

I need to apply to the current openings with the above companies.
    I need the daily news and updates of the above companies.

32. Anwar Ali October 17, 2009 at 3:00 pm #

I need some design softwears for LV,MV,MV Power cables and Switchgear, Transformers, Panels.
    I will be thankfull to you for this act of kindness.

33. Surinderpal Singh August 14, 2009 at 4:38 am #

Respected Sir

As we all know that today electricity is part & parcel of our life. From

many years’ people are in search of various new techniques to

produce electricity through easy & cheap ways.

Today electricity producing plants are widely dependent on

two main sources provided by nature, air & water.But sources from air are

not used appropriately due to its clumsy procedure & high production cost.

I have tried to invent a method to produce electricity

through air which is very easy & cheap. It can produce electricity two to

three times more than the previous design. We can even apply them

over the rooftop of our houses.

It will be an honor for me to work with some brilliant brains

of the world & share my thoughts & experiences.

I hope that you will put faith in me so that I can show up my

caliber & potential. I am sending this message in the whole world.

Waiting for your reply.

Surinderpal Singh

Address: House no- 70 Contact at:

Nanak Nagar, farakpur Ph.09416669425

Jagadhri workshop Email at: nfcbindra@yahoo.com

Distt. Yamuna Nagar 135002

State-Haryana

India

34. Vivek Vyas August 13, 2009 at 2:01 pm #

I am interested in setting up a moderate sized plant in Rajasthan, India. please provide some information.
    thank you.

35. dr Moustafa August 2, 2009 at 7:47 am #

My dear ;
    I would like to know the price of 50 kw wind turbine .

36. Wind Power Companies July 8, 2009 at 5:25 am #

Great information. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I didn’t know Acciona had a headquarters in Chicago. Thanks!

37. Melih Samurkaş June 22, 2009 at 9:08 am #

wind energy about information

38. Rigo Roque June 11, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

I am writing you today to request the opportunity to allow our Company
    To provide you with our services for your CNC – MACHINING NEEDS

CNC-PREMIER, INC has served South Florida for many years, and prides ourselves in performing the following services at very competitive pricing:

CNC MACHINING

CNC TURNING

RAPID PROTOTYPING

MECHANICAL DESIGN

PROGRAM MANAGEMENT

FABRICATION

ASSEMDLY

In this competitive marketplace We have developed effective work methodologies and usage of sate of the art software and technology to produce outstanding results within reasonable time, while at the same time providing cost saving solutions for your company.

We would like to be taken into consideration for all your machining needs. Should you have any questions, please contact us at cncpremier@comcast.net

39. Leslie Smith June 9, 2009 at 3:56 pm #

We are a division of Conesys,Aero Industrial Products located in Michigan,USA.We manufacture custom cable and wire assemblies.
    Our circular and rectangular connectors are second to none in quality and design.Please consider us for your next project.

40. Bruce Seween May 24, 2009 at 2:38 pm #

Brilliant info. Thx a lot!

41. STOP KONY 2012 May 10, 2009 at 10:37 pm #

STOP KONY 2012 – SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!!!!