Giant Flowers Generate Energy
– By Tomas Jimenez, USA – 2 Aug 2009 –
Wind turbines are no longer things of the distant future; they are as real as the air we breathe. In some areas of the world there are farms of wind turbines providing energy for the neighboring cities and towns. Even though much good can be attained from wind farms there are those who oppose it because of their lack of appeal.
We can make wind turbines more appealing by blending their color with the surroundings or diminishing their contrast; being environmentally friendly while actually looking as part of it, rather than looking harsh and mechanical.
The tubular steel towers could be painted green, like the prairie they are sitting on and the blades like the petals of a flower.
Other color patterns would blend with wheat or corn fields. Imagine a field of giant sunflowers or tulips of various colors. Even during the dry season or winter, they would showcase their colors, giving a hint of “greener times” to come. Artists can challenge themselves and create works of art for those who pass by.
• Add beauty to the surroundings
• More people may agree to have wind turbines in their area
• Schools and artists will get involved in design patterns
• Wind farms will become a tourist attraction
• Sense of local and national pride to showcase their “Giant Flowers”
• Different types of designs will require changes in the manufacturing process
• Turbines may take longer to produce since there is another step in the process
• Customized painting will add to the final cost
• Wind farms may need repainting periodically to retain their beauty
• Some customers may create “works of art” that cause local uproar
• Vandals may feel inspired to exercise their creativity on the towers
We can light up our creativity while lighting up our homes too. In the end the more appeal these wind turbines have, the more people support them. We can make an innovation to something green and turn it into something beautiful. A great example for this is a brand new innovation by a company named WindTamer Corporation which is an independent developer of wind turbine technology from Geneseo, NY in the US who invented the ‘ Wind Tamer’ Wind Turbine. A stunning and unique design in form of a flower. WindTamer Corporation’s mission is ‘To Bring Wind Power Down to Earth’!
Look at this stunningly new design and we are sure that many opponents to Wind Turbines who consider them as being an ‘eyesore in the landscape’ may change their view on this very quickly. The picture below shows a ‘Flower Bed’ styled Wind Farm consisting of approximately 50 Wind Tamer Flower Wind Turbines. Who could say that this does not look anything but beautiful?
Watch the Flower Power Wind Turbine in action!
Please let us have your thoughts and post a comment of your view on this!